Sunday, July 06, 2014

I Miss W.

According to a Huff post article:

The Republican National Committee is celebrating former President George W. Bush's birthday this weekend by selling wistful "I Miss W." t-shirts to its supporters.

I miss W, too. I miss his boyish smirk and Texas drawl. I miss his sense of humor. Remember the time when he joked about not finding WMDs in Iraq while American soldiers were dying? That cracked me up. And he kept joking around trying to convince everyone that we would find WMDs when there weren’t any. What a kidder.

Then there was his compassion. He sat for over seven minutes listening to children read in a Florida classroom while America was being attacked. Even though his eyes said “I’m scared shitless,” he said he did it so he wouldn’t frighten the children. He did it for the kids.

He cared so much for America that he didn’t even allow the Constitution to stand in the way of his love of country. To protect us all, he approved of torture, drone attacks, unwarranted surveillance, black sites, renditions (kidnapping), Abu Ghraib, secret military trials, the Patriot Act…good times.

Back to 9/11. Ever the jokester, Bush claimed no one could imagine terrorists flying planes into buildings when only five days before 9/11, the U.S. military was conducting exercises that simulated terrorists hijacking planes in London and blowing them up with bombs over New York City. What a nut!

And I miss his razor sharp ability to surround himself with intellectuals and highly experienced politicians who…well, okay, they didn’t get anything right about anything, but they believed they were right, and that’s what counts for me. I mean, look at Dick Cheney, a man of unbounded compassion and love for his fellow man. Even now, he is so selfless and generous he wants to give Obama credit for all of our stunning successes in Iraq and Afghanistan. The guy’s a saint.

Yes, I miss W, too. George, you were the worst of the worst, and hopefully, they’ll never be another like you.

No comments: